Dear First Mates,
I hope I find you all well and enjoying the beautiful Spring weather. For this month, I'd like to mix it up and share a webinar I recently recorded called "The Art & Science of Investing."
Think of this recording as an Investing 101 course that I'm confident you will enjoy and share with loved ones - especially your children!
You can view the webinar by clicking this link here.
Finance vid o' the month!
Banking Crisis: Should We All Just Move to a Big Bank?
- The always excellent Rob Berger addresses the following questions:
- 1. How this banking crisis is different than 2008
- 2. Whether we should abandon small and regional banks and put all of our money in big banks
- 3. How to protect your cash wherever you bank and
- 4. And a possible investment opportunity for those who believe in the future of regional banks.
Fun YouTube vid o’ the month!
David Warshaw Comedy Routine I
- I tried my hand at stand-up comedy back in 2015. I hope you enjoy and for full disclosure, this video is NSFW. Now that I'm married with a kid, boy do I have more material!
Muisc track o’ the month!
- Solid cover of the classic by Tracy Chapman (hers is still the best IMO)
Read o’ the month!
How Much is Enough to Retire Comfortably? - Ben Carlson
- A great read covering how much people need to properly retire. The best line from the article: "This stuff is not easy because it’s hard to make financial plans that can last for 2-3 decades once you retire. That’s why retirement planning is a process and not an event." I couldn't agree more, Ben.